I am a professional librarian with Bachelor and Master degrees in Library and Information Science with over 12 years of service for the Department of Education (Philippines). I have an extensive experience in managing and monitoring the operations of public school libraries. I am involved in learning resource development and management in various capacities: from facilitating and providing training for teachers, to layout and design of supplementary readers, to quality assurance of text-based resources, to managing and organizing learning resources in different formats. I am proficient in Google Suite, MS Office, Canva, WordPress and various integrated library systems.
- Content Writing. I write original articles for a tech startup.
- On-Page SEO. I format articles for two WordPress blogs for Google optimization, including headers, keywords, adding images and alt text, and external and internal links.
- Proofreading. I perform basic language editing on submitted content.
- Content Management. I ensure access to learning resources through managing and organizing the Division Learning Portal on Microsoft Sharepoint, maintaining updated inventories of all locally developed, printed, distributed, and quality assured learning resources, and establishing, managing, and updating the Division Integrated Library System on Librarika.
- Trainings. I propose, organize, facilitate, and provide various training programs in the development and quality assurance of learning resources through face-to-face and/or online via Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom.
- Quality Assurance. I coordinate learning resource quality assurance activities in the Division online and offline.
- Layout and Design. I design and layout a division-initiated supplementary reading material using Canva and Microsft Publisher, of which I initiated the ISSN registration.
- Social Media Management. I manage the Facebook group for the Division LRMD Center.
- Technical Writing. I prepare work and financial plans, annual implementation plans, project proposals, Division Memoranda and Advisories, and various reports.
- Content Writing. I write speeches, narratives, and business profiles as necessary.
- I organized the day-to-day operations of the school library.
- I coordinated school activities for National Book Week.
- I served as an adviser for the library club.
Master of Library and Information Science
Baliuag University, Baliwag, Bulacan
November 2011 to April 2014
Bachelor of Library and Information Science
University of the Philippines Diliman – School of Library and Information Studies
June 2005 to April 2009
Eligibilities and Certifications
R.A. 1080 (Librarian)
Date Conferred: November 2009
Civil Service Professional
Date Conferred: September 2009
School Library Use and Information Literacy of Grade 10 Students in the Division of San Jose City (2015). Unpublished research. Schools Division of San Jose City.